This cosmetic dentistry is not only for those who are wealthy and celebrities, but it is for everyone. Today, there is a vast variety of options and range of prices that are within reach for millions of people to achieve.
To this time, cosmetic dentistry has gone mainstream, from minor changes to major oral surgeries. There is a lot of cosmetic dentistry techniques that can aid the teeth discolouration, chipped, misshapen or missing tooth.
While the focus of the traditional dentistry addresses the health issues of your teeth and gums, cosmetic dentistry, on the other hand, focuses on the appearance or the look of your teeth, mouth and smile. Modern technology allows the dentists to provide everything from improving your teeth whitening to translucent tooth coverings to achieve the desired smile makeovers you needed. The so-called cosmetic dentistry has been present for about decades, but compared before the materials used today are more durable and natural that makes it look pleasantly unusual and not awkward to see.
Best Cosmetic Dentist Adelaide Options
A cosmetic dentistry procedure has a wide variety of options where you can choose from, including:
- Teeth Whitening. This type of process offers to brighten your teeth that are discoloured or stained. It is also known as bleaching; it can be done in a dentist office or even at your home with a system dispensed by the dentist. There are also available teeth whitening products over the counter to help you.
- Bonding. This kind helps you to improve the appearance of your teeth that are either chipped, broken, cracked, stained or has spaces in between them. It is bonding tooth-colour materials unto your tooth surface.
- Veneers. This variety is consisting of thin, custom-made porcelain shells which help cover the front of the teeth to cover up the discolouration or imperfections of your teeth.
- Tooth reshaping. This procedure requires the changing of the teeth to upgrade the appearance by modifying or detaching the enamel. Also known as dental contouring which is combined sometimes with bonding.
- Crown Lengthening. It is a procedure that the best cosmetic dentist Adelaide can use to fix a gummy smile or uneven gum line through the removal of excess gum tissues to expose more of the tooth’s crown and provide the appearance of longer teeth. It requires minor oral surgery.
- Smile Makeovers. This type of procedure includes a comprehensive evaluation of the overall appearance of the teeth and smile. Mostly, several cosmetic dentistry procedures are necessary to overhaul the look of a patient’s smile. You can consider it as a facelift for the mouth area.
Skills and experiences have a significant impact in searching for a dentist for your cosmetic dentistry procedure. While most of the dental specialists such as orthodontists and periodontists need additional education and special certifications to work, the field of cosmetic dentistry can perform without added requirements. Thus, any dentist who has a degree in general dentistry can perform the procedure, provided they have incurred additional training and experience.